Visit our Archives
Our archives are available by appointment only during weekdays. To organise a time slot for your visit please contact our archivist either by email at email@example.com or by phone 0121 744 3214. Records need to be ordered at least 2 working days in advance of your visit.
Guidelines for Visits:
Following the lifting of Covid restrictions and in order to keep both visitors and staff safe, we ask you not visit us if you are unwell, or if you or any member of your household is displaying symptoms of COVID-19. Please do not visit and ensure you follow Government guidance.
- Only one visitor is allowed per visit
- A date and time slot will be allocated which will be agreed prior to visit
- We would request that a face covering is worn when entering or leaving the building. This can be removed once seated in the work area and should be worn in any communal area or when moving around the building. Please be respectful of others’ space
- Hand sanitisers will be available as you enter the building and we will ask you to make use of it as you come in
- Staff will be working at distance, from separate offices
- There will be an increased level of cleaning of equipment and surfaces
Visits to the archives may change without notice, following any new restrictions or changes to Government guidance
White Ribbon Association Headquarters, (including the archives and study area) are located in a converted residential house. Limited parking is available for visitors to the archives.
Wifi and power points are available within the study area. Visitors can use pencil and paper (no pens) or their own laptops to make notes.
Photography or reproduction of photographic images – permission must be requested and granted before taking of or reproducing photographic images of any items or documents in our archive collection. Please speak to a member of staff for more information and guidelines.
It is recommended that you bring your lunch and refreshments with you! There are shops and restaurants nearby but these are several minutes’ drive away. No food or drinks are permitted in the study area.
Local travel links:
The nearest train stations are Solihull, Shirley and Birmingham International. Trains frequently run from Birmingham city centre to these stations and you will then require a taxi to reach us.
Our Headquarters address:
Rosalind Carlisle House
341 Tanworth Lane